Nova 919 Breakfast News Reader
NOVA Entertainment is a recognised leader in the media industry and is committed to creating world class radio and digital media. NOVA Entertainment promotes a culture of innovation, creativity, outstanding client service and responds to listeners and clients. Our mission is to create and share great experiences with our audience. No two days at work will be the same at NOVA Entertainment. Our fun and dynamic environment means our employees are constantly surrounded with unique experiences as well as inspirational and influential people.
About the Position
A rare opportunity has arisen within the Nova’s Ben & Liam team for a part time journalist to join our team. The successful candidate will write, edit and present news bulletins (news, sport, traffic, weather and our news podcast offering ‘The Update’) to an exceptional standard with an objective of delivering news which resonates with our listeners. The Newsreader will work closely with the News Team, Program Director and Breakfast EP to ensure news content is current, accurate and consistent with brand style. You’ll have to maintain the smooth running of news broadcasts by ensuring content is compliant with all broadcast codes of conduct.
The role is based in Adelaide with opportunity to work across both NOVA and Smooth stations in all markets (Sydney, Gosford, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth).
We are looking for a journalist with a minimum of 3 years’ experience who has media and/or radio experience and strong technical skills in writing and editing news bulletins. You will have a strong interest in news and current affairs and your news reading style will suit the Nova and Smooth brand.
• Excellent reading, writing and editing skills.
• A minimum of 3 years experience as a journalist.
• Availability to work early mornings as well as afternoons.
• Bachelor of Communication/Journalism is preferable.
• News Boss skills are preferable.
• Enthusiastic, proactive, flexible approach.
• Workplace flexibility to support a work-life balance
• Additional leave days: Anniversary & Loyalty leave, Give back Leave, Mental Wellbeing days
• Access to Learning and Development programs & internal opportunities
• Access to health and wellbeing initiatives (Nova’s Life+ & Employee Assistance Program, mental health training programs)
• Frequent staff lunches, survey celebrations & an in-house bar!
• Plus, a whole lot more!