Journalist- The Edge 96.1
Journalist- The Edge 96.1. Maternity leave position – 12 months.
Share your voice. Make quality connections. Shape the future of audio.
As part of ARN, the recognised leader in audio in Australia, you have an opportunity to share your voice on the future of audio. Audio is booming and we are defining it. We are entertainers. We create moments that move people, and that people move to. We are investing in audio’s smartest advertising, experts and innovations. This gives us unparalleled understanding of our audience and the content that moves them and helps us form quality connections with our customers. It’s our commitment to creating moments that move people that makes us memorable.
We’re shaping the future of audio – our success as the leader in the Australian radio landscape means we can complement our great radio people with others whose skills will help us dominate the digital audio landscape of the future, just as we have the radio landscape of today.
We have the best people and the best future. Why not come along and be part of our story?
We currently have an exciting full-time role available for a Journalist- The Edge 96.1 (Maternity leave position-12 months), to join the ARN news network. The successful candidate will report to the National News Director and read news from January 2022.
Key role outputs include:
• Producing and presenting news for The Edge 96.1 with a focus on local news which resonates with the community, and the demographics of the station. The Edge is a youth brand which plays hip hop and RnB.
• Engaging with the breakfast show, (if required) and sharing stories.
• Taking ongoing feedback and direction from the National News Director, The Edge Content Director, Chief Content Officer and The Edge General Manager.
• Taking responsibility to understand radio audience requirements of the brand to deliver targeted, informative, and interesting news, including feature pieces and podcasts.
• Proactively engaging with “operations” of the newsroom.
• Proactively contributing from the perspective of ARN newsroom production, between 9am and midday.
• Willingness to carry out weekend work on occasion, as required.
The successful candidate will have:
• Sound radio news broadcast skills: this is a grade 2 Journalist role, requiring 1-year experience as a Radio Journalist.
• Positive attitude and flexible approach to rosters.
• Ability to create news stories for a local audience while meeting ACMA compliance requirements.
• A degree in journalism and a minimum of 1-year experience as a Radio Journalist. This is a Grade 2 Journalist position.
We have four behaviours that make up our “Culture in Action” which describe how we act every day to create a great place to work:
• Aim High – We set big goals and work together to achieve them.
• Own It – We take personal responsibility for our actions and have a solutions mindset.
• Be Your Best Self – We create the environment we need to thrive.
• Make a Difference – We look for every opportunity to improve and we seek out diverse perspectives to help us achieve that.
Bring your skills, genius, and energy along on our journey, please press the APPLY button and upload your cover letter and resume by close of business 9th December 2021
ARN is a HT&E company. For more details, head to www.arn.com.au and connect with us via Twitter (@ausradionetwork) and LinkedIn (LinkedIn /australianradionetwork) EEO Statement. ARN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please contact the People & Culture team at the relevant state office: https://www.arn.com.au/contact-us