Hope 103.2 Casual Announcer
Casual | Seven Hills, NSW
Be part of the team that shares hope with Sydney!
A unique opportunity exists to work in a fulfilling job creating content on-air and online for Hope Media in Sydney. This interesting and varied role involves engaging with the Hope community through on air and online channels – audio, video, and written communication, primarily through casual on air shifts on Hope 103.2.
We are looking for a friendly, outgoing, and reliable person, who has strong experience as a communicator – either in broadcast or other media, who is compassionate, and able to connect with a wide range of people. You will have the initiative to proactively source, curate, and create content, the team skills to work collaboratively, and the ability to engage with a growing and diverse audience.
This vibrant, growing, collaborative team is supported by experts with a focus on development. The successful applicants will be innovative, comfortable trying new things and be keen to continually improve through feedback.
Hope Media is a creative, energetic Christian media organisation with a great culture and a great team. Our mission is to “impact people with experiences of God’s love – so that they will become more like Christ – and the world more like his Kingdom”. We seek to treat all people with respect, serve our listeners and community well and reveal Jesus Christ to the world, pointing to Him as the source of hope.
Our radio station is actively engaged within a highly competitive media environment and employ studios and technology which are industry standard or better.
The role involves:
- Presenting live and pre-recorded content and online media
- Researching and preparing content for audio, visual, and written
- Producing/preparing, recording, and editing media
- Engaging with our audience through relevant and interactive content
- Working as part of a team
- On site in Seven Hills NSW– no remote voice tracking.
The successful applicant will have:
- Some experience in media/on-air radio presentation and production experience
- Interest in studying or completed post-secondary studies in Media
- Strong experience in communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- A teachable attitude – open to feedback and wanting to grow
- Audio editing skills
- Experience with video editing, article writing, and social media highly desirable
Ready to Apply?
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, send your CV including a cover letter addressing why you would like to work for Hope Media and how you meet each of the criteria, along with a demo to [email protected]
Closing Date: Friday 19th August 2022
Hope Media reserves the right to make an appointment prior to the close of applications.