Hit and MMM State News Editor – QLD
Southern Cross Austereo is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company employing over 2000 staff nationally. We are dedicated to delivering firsts in entertainment solutions with the ability to reach 95% of Australians through our Radio, TV and Digital channels. Working at Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment.
What’s in it for you?
- We have a digital-first focus for our future. You won’t get left behind at SCA!
- We are flexible: with shift swaps, working remotely/home, and offer the opportunity to work out of any newsroom in the SCA network. (Examples of people visiting family for a weekend, then doing a few days in another office, working across two offices each week)
- Multiple developmental pathways and career growth – from entry level positions, cap city on air roles, digital podcast positions both full and part time.
- Solid framework for news coaching for editorial and performer growth.
- A strong, caring and positive team culture (evidenced by survey results)
- Journalists with varying experience levels but an expectation of mutual respect.
- A ‘one team/ large pod’ structure means there is support for every journo no matter what sized market, what time of day.
- A multi-layered contingency plan to allow everyone time away when they need.
- A careful on-boarding process – with time to learn and settle in before news deadlines and on-air requirements kick in.
- As well as birthday leave, volunteer Leave, health and wellbeing initiatives, in-office culture events, corporate offers, PLUS much more!
The role on offer:
Reporting into the Head of News Operations, we currently have an opportunity for a high performing leader to join our News leadership team in the capacity of State News Editor – QLD. Based in our Brisbane newsroom, you will oversee our Queensland news operations ensuring that SCA’s newsrooms right across Queensland are running smoothly on air and in line with budget. The role will work closely with our market leads to educate, motivate and hold the News Team accountable for creating proactive and compelling news on emerging platforms, and to embrace future changes in a positive fashion.
The skills and experience you will need:
- Significant commercial radio experience
- Previous experience developing, motivating and leading news teams
- A confident, conversational reading style that is adaptive across both radio and podcasts
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An Understanding of all broadcast and ACMA requirements
- Experience with NewsBoss
Keen? Apply now by submitting your CV, cover letter and a recent Air Check.
Please note: Applications WILL NOT be considered without Air Check.
Southern Cross Austereo reserves the right to commence recruitment activities immediately and may cease advertising once a pool of suitable applicants has been received. Don’t delay, apply today!