Head of Audio
Schwartz Media is hiring a head of audio to drive its market-leading podcasting slate.
The successful candidate will serve as a key member of the Schwartz Media leadership team, working closely with the editor-in-chief and chief executive to build on Schwartz Media’s dominance as an audio publisher.
Building on the success of the No. 1 news podcast 7am, this is a role for an ambitious leader with a strong news sense and skills as a storyteller. The ideal candidate will have a proven capacity for creativity and driving teams, with at least three years’ experience managing editorial staff.
In this role you will:
- Serve as editorial leader for audio at Schwartz Media
- Work with the editor-in-chief to oversee audio products for Schwartz Media, maintaining and improving high standards
- Take a lead role in developing audio strategy for Schwartz Media, working with a team to develop and bring to market new audio products
- Take a lead role in developing and bringing to market new podcasts for Schwartz Media
- Manage a team of audio producers and hosts
- Develop and cultivate new audiences, with a focus on platforms and audience
- Identify and pursue growth opportunities and technologies that will keep Schwartz Media at the forefront of audio
Schwartz Media is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all backgrounds, including First Nations people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, trans and queer people, and people with disability.
This is a senior position, reporting to the editor-in-chief and chief executive. It is a full-time role to begin in September 2022 and is based at our Collingwood offices.
To be considered for this position, tell us why your motivation, skills and experience make you the right fit for this role. To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé to [email protected] by Friday 19 August.
A note on our vaccination policy:
Schwartz Media is an essential news service. We have a duty under the model Work Health and Safety (WHS) laws to eliminate, or if that is not reasonably practicable, minimise the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace. Please note, if successful for an interview we will request a copy of your Immunisation History Statement, or alternatively a copy of your COVID-19 Digital Certificate. We do accept medical exemptions based on recognised contraindication (an allergy or reaction to an approved vaccine) that is recognised by the manufacturer of that vaccine. For further information about our vaccination policy and document requirements, please contact [email protected]