Casual Journalist – Melbourne.
We’re creating the future of audio entertainment. Exciting right? Want to be part of it? Read on…
ARN (Australian Radio Network) is one of the leading broadcasters in the country with ownership or investments in 12 radio stations nationwide. Our brands include KIIS and Pure Gold, along with iHeartRadio and The Edge. We do Radio, DAB+, Music Streaming, Podcasts, Digital, Mobile, Live Events, Activations and Partnerships and we entertain and influence over four million listeners across Australia every week!
An opportunity has arisen within the ARN Melbourne newsroom for a Casual Journalist to read and edit breakfast news for Gold 104.3 and KIIS 1011. Reporting to the National News Director, the successful candidate will write, edit and present news to an exceptional standard.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sourcing, producing and presenting news, with a focus on the demographics of our stations, Gold and KIIS.
- A curious approach to selecting and producing stories for broadcast.
- Proactively chasing interviews for broadcast in Melbourne.
- Making a positive contribution to the culture of the news team.
- Presenting the news with a credible and contemporary style.
- Taking onboard feedback.
- Reporting from the field, as required.
Skills & Experience
- The broadcast Journalist will have developed editorial and news presentation skills and a thorough knowledge of Melbourne and AFL.
- Journalism qualification is essential.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a journalist.
- Thorough knowledge of Australian media law.
- The Journalist will have advanced time management skills and apply a curious filter for editorial decisions.
- Experience using Newsboss is preferable.
Benefits & Culture
People enjoy working at ARN because we are a fun and fast paced place to work. You’ll be part of a dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about Energising Brands.
If you would like to make a significant contribution to our continuing success, please press the APPLY button and upload your cover letter and resume by insert.
You can find more about us at www.arn.com.au and connect with us via Twitter (@ausradionetwork) and LinkedIn (Linkedin /australianradionetwork)
ARN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please contact the People & Culture team at the relevant state office: https://www.arn.com.au/contact-us/