We’re creating the future of audio entertainment. Exciting right? Want to be part of it? Read on…
ARN (Australian Radio Network) is one of the leading broadcasters in the country with ownership or investments in 12 radio stations nationwide. Our brands include 96FM, KIIS and Pure Gold, along with iHeartRadio and The Edge. We do Radio, DAB+, Music Streaming, Podcasts, Digital, Mobile, Live Events, Activations and Partnerships and we entertain and influence over four million listeners across Australia every week!
An opportunity has arisen within the ARN Perth newsroom for a Casual Journalist to read and edit news for 96FM. Reporting to the National News Director, the successful candidate will write, edit and present news to an exceptional standard. Availability to work a variety of shifts including weekend breakfast news for 96FM is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sourcing, producing and presenting news, tailored to the demographics of our station.
- Chasing interviews for stories with an objective of delivering news which resonates with our Perth listeners.
- Making a positive contribution to the culture of the news team.
- Taking onboard feedback.
- Reporting from the field, as required.
Skills & Experience
- The broadcast Journalist will have confident news presenting and storytelling skills.
- Journalism qualification is essential.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a journalist.
- Experience using Newsboss is preferable.
- Experience working to deadlines in a radio news environment is essential.
- Excellent reading, writing and editing skills.
- Confident radio journalist who is adept at chasing, producing and presenting an array of stories, including bushfire emergencies.
Benefits & Culture
People enjoy working at ARN because we are a fun and fast paced place to work. You’ll be part of a dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about Energising Brands.
If you would like to make a significant contribution to our continuing success, please press the APPLY button and upload your cover letter addressed to National News Director Deborah Clay and resume by close of business 26 February 2021.
You can find more about us at www.arn.com.au and connect with us via Twitter (@ausradionetwork) and LinkedIn (Linkedin /australianradionetwork)
ARN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please contact the People & Culture team at the relevant state office: https://www.arn.com.au/contact-us/