Iconic 7XS, part of Grant Broadcasters, plays an essential and vital role in the social fabric of the picturesque and remote West Coast of Tasmania. Based in stunning Queenstown, the home of the West Coast Railway, world class mountain bike circuits, heritage, majestic views, walking trails, spectacular mountains, world heritage wilderness, mining and a wonderful community and supportive council, we are looking for a breakfast presenter who will deeply integrate into the wonderful communities we serve. With a growing number of tree changers and life-stylers moving to the region, there is a real buzz on the West Coast.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a multimedia company where you are not just a number, but a valued member of our family owned company where being hyper local is the number one priority. Reporting to the local General Manager, our priority is to develop and execute a deeply local breakfast show where interesting and entertaining localism is the key priority.
Our Successful Applicant will:
● Have experience in delivering local content in an engaging way
● Be capable of conducting meaningful interviews and having fun with local issues and conducting completions
● Have a creative flair to create engaging and relatable local content
● An ability to understand issues and respect local sensitivities
● Understand the need to immerse yourself into the region on air, off air and online
● We want you to live and breathe everything West Coast
● Understand the needs of both listeners and clients in today’s dynamic market
● A willingness to use your experience to assist in other areas within the business and community.
● We will develop you, providing you promotional prospects in larger markets
● You will be joining a value’s driven company that is dedicated to localism
● The opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful and truly unique areas in Australia.
For more information:
E-mail your covering letter, CV and up to date demo (no longer than 5 minutes) to:
Regional Content Director
Applications close Friday 23rd October or once a suitable applicant has been found.