Valerie Geller on Developing Extraordinary Audio Talent
Valerie Geller is a talent coach second to none. She works worldwide, coaching personalities in podcasting, radio, and television.
In this standout Q&A from hivio, the audio future festival, I talk with Valerie about how to coach and develop great talent and where to find the future of audio talent.
Among the questions we address:
- How can talent communicate more powerfully?
- How can talent tell stories without making it “all about me?”
- How to sustain engagement over a period of time?
- How can I do it shorter – to match the attention span. How to break through?
- We hear a lot about storytelling – why is that important?
- What does it mean to tell a story when you have only a few seconds of on-air time at a stretch?
- What’s the difference between Young talent and older talent?
- What can talent learn from Donald Trump?
- You have said that radio is losing its best and brightest to podcasting. Explain.
- Watch this Q&A – you will definitely want to share it with any of your peers who work in front of a mic.
Valerie is the author of Beyond Powerful Radio – A Communicator’s Guide to the Internet Age.Valerie is the author of Beyond Powerful Radio – A Communicator’s Guide to the Internet Age.