Jonesy is Australia’s hottest radio hunk
As voted by the women of Australia, WS-FM’s Brendan “Jonesy” Jones has been named the hottest radio hunk in the country.
Jonesy beat out more than 40 other radio announcers to take out the prestigious accolade, announced on air this morning by co-host Amanda Keller and Take 5 editor-in-chief Paul Merrill.
“This is a great honour, possibly the highlight of my career,” Jonesy said. “Thank you to all the Take 5 readers for voting, I’m humbled.”
Co-host Keller was equally as spirited by the win: “I’m so proud of Jonesy. How lucky am I sitting across the console from Australia’s hunkiest presenter? Very well-deserved.”
Things took an unexpected turn this morning when sixth-place Kyle Sandilands of KIIS FM burst into the WS-FM studio live on air to protest the result.
Taking second place was 62-year-old veteran broadcaster Ray Hadley from 2GB Sydney, beating out Triple M sports personality Matty Johns. Hadley even crossed live to The Grill Team this morning to celebrate the victory over his rival.
TOP TEN AUSSIE RADIO HUNKS
1. Brendan Jones, 48, WS-FM Sydney
2. Ray Hadley, 62, 2GB Sydney
3. Matty Johns, 45, Triple M Sydney
4. Mark Soderstrom, 45, MIX FM Adelaide
5. Josh Buckle, 29, K Rock Geelong
6. Kyle Sandilands, 45, KIIS Sydney & syndicated
7. Elliott Lovejoy, 25, Star FM, Gippsland, Vic
8. Fitzy (Ryan Fitzgerald), 40, Nova 969 Sydney
9. Hamish Blake, 35, Fox FM Melbourne and the Hit Network syndicated
10. Dave Hughes, 46, KIIS Melbourne & syndicated