Southern Cross Austereo is all about delivering absolutely engaging entertainment solutions across an unrivalled portfolio of multimedia brands with the biggest shows, best talent and most exciting events across Australia. We engage staff who are the best in the business and want to work for a supportive, exciting and dynamic company with a culture of high performance. We look far and wide to employ a diverse workforce – we all bring something a little bit different – and in return we give you everything you need to bring your best self to work.
Southern Cross Austereo is seeking a talented, enthusiastic and self-motivated engineer with a passion for broadcasting to join our dynamic team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a positive minded individual, who has a strong interest and knowledge of technology and who wants to further their career in the media industry.
As SCA’s newest Technology Engineer you will be working within a team of both broadcast and IT engineers. Your key focus will be to efficiently provide technology solutions and to maintain studio and broadcast systems to a high standard. You will work extensively on new technology projects and installations. This role will require IT skills however, you will work primarily with audio, electronics, OB equipment, RF transmission and other broadcast related systems.
We will provide you with the opportunity to work with our great brands, a motivated team of specialists and offer you training and development to grow and develop your career.
As the successful candidate, you will:
• Have experience working with studio and RF transmission systems. You’ve ideally worked in radio; however candidates with a background in TV or other relevant industry are encouraged to apply.
• Have experience working with contemporary Information Technology infrastructure, operating systems, and applications.
• Have a standard car licence.
• Hold tertiary qualifications in electronics/electrical engineering or IT.
• Have excellent organisational and time management skills, plus the ability to handle multiple tasks/deadlines at the same time.
• Have fantastic communication and interpersonal skills – you’re a team player.
• Have exposure working with analogue and digital audio platforms and related technologies.
• A willingness to do after hours and on call work.
Most of all, SCA is a values driven organisation- If you genuinely live and breathe our values, you’ll be a perfect fit for SCA. We collaborate, take initiative, maximise creativity, have courage and act with integrity.
Still not convinced?
The benefits of working for us are countless – to name a few we provide flexible working arrangements, a focus on work-life balance, plenty of opportunity for internal progression, health insurance discounts, workplace banking programs, concert tickets, footy tickets, special client discounts throughout the year, rooftop gigs, social gatherings – the list goes on!
Keen? Apply now by submitting your resume and a cover letter, outlining your salary expectations.
Southern Cross Austereo is proud to be an inclusive employer that offers a safe and supportive environment for all of our employees, so that you can be your very best self at work. We are passionate about diversity and we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. Should you require any additional support or considerations throughout our recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our Recruitment Team to discuss how we can accommodate your needs.
Please note Southern Cross Austereo reserves the right to begin the recruitment process for suitable candidates immediately.