SCA: Content Director, PodcastOne Australia – Sydney or Melbourne
Southern Cross Austereo is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company employing over 2000 staff nationally. We are dedicated to delivering firsts in entertainment solutions with the ability to reach 95% of Australians through our Radio, TV, Podcasting and Digital channels. Working at Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment.
Launched last year, PodcastOne is Australia’s leading commercial podcast brand and platform, made up of an ever-growing collection of Australian original podcasts commissioned by PodcastOne Australia, in addition to the best podcasts from PodcastOne US and a select range of already existing third party Australian podcasts. Podcasts created here in Australia can also go onto have a place on PodcastOne’s global platform.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and innovative Content Director to join our team in Sydney or Melbourne. Reporting to the Head of Podcasting, you will be responsible for the co-creation and successful execution of the content strategy for Podcast One Australia. Podcasting is experiencing rapid growth both in Australia and globally. This role gives you the opportunity to help create the next wave of compelling original podcasts for Australian and global audiences.
Key duties : –
- The development of PodcastOne Australia’s original content
- The development of the sonic signature of PodcastOne Australia in association with the PodcastOne content team
- The selection and commissioning of new PodcastOne Australia content in association with the Head of Podcasting.
- To manage relationships with podcasters and their managers, and provide ongoing feedback to podcasters in developing and improving content
- To manage and develop PodcastOne Australia’s show, audio and digital producers in the process of creating content
- Support all work in the monetisation of PodcastOne Australia’s content in association with the Sales Director of PodcastOne Australia
- Liaising with the Head of Digital Content to promote PodcastOne
- To manage PodcastOne’s Digital / Social Lead in the process of creating compelling social and digital content and delivering audience reach and engagement via digital platforms
- The management of the ongoing relationship between PodcastOne US content and production team and the Australian content and production team
- To manage the relationship between SCA FM Content Heads and PodcastOne Australia.
You will have : –
- At least 5 years broadcast radio experience
- A strong understanding of show and audio production values
- A clear understanding of digital platforms including social media, smart phone Applications, web and digital radio
- Working knowledge of content monetisation strategies, consumer research and audience segmentation and measurement
The opportunities are endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies.
Interested? If so, submit your resumé, cover letter (with salary expectations). We look forward to receiving your application.
Applications close: 5 Mar 2018