Partnerships & Events Manager (The Music Network & Radio Today)
We know that trawling through job after job reading the same old descriptions asking for a “team player” with an “eye for detail” who can “work on their own or as part of a team” in a “diverse, fast-paced environment” gets real old, real quick.
So firstly, thank you for taking the time to read our job description. May it brighten your day ever so slightly. If that’s even possible.
Now here’s the thing: we want YOU to join our crazy family in Crows Nest (srsly it’s not that far from the CBD) as our next PARTNERSHIPS & EVENTS MANAGER.
SO WHO ARE WE?
The Music Network is Australia’s #1 music industry news channel. For 20 years, we’ve been the only Australian publication with journalists dedicated to the business of music. Radio Today publishes the inside word on all things radio for almost 15,000 readers every week and is the only 100% free, in-depth site for breaking news, survey analysis, feature stories, airplay charts and opinion pieces.
Jaden Social is the go-to digital agency for Australia’s biggest music and entertainment brands with a team who have a genuine passion for the clients they work with. In 2017, Jaden Social acquired The Music Network and Radio Today, bringing both publications in-house to join a 25-strong team in Crows Nest.
OK, NOW THE ROLE?
Oh yeah, PARTNERSHIPS & EVENTS MANAGER.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Leading B2B sales and partnerships for The Music Network and Radio Today
- Building long term relationships with the wider music, media and entertainment industry
- Collaborating with the editorial, social and creative teams on brand-funded multimedia content
- Overseeing the acquisition of sponsorships and partnerships for events and conferences
- Working with the CEO and Publisher to identify new revenue opportunities, develop marketing plans for events and conferences and oversee owned events
- Develop strategic and referral partnerships, grow a sales pipeline and report on campaigns to brands and advertisers
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role include:
- Up-to-date knowledge of B2B digital publishing and events
- Established relationships and a strong familiarity with the inner workings of the music, media and entertainment industry
- Ability to sell, manage people and relationships and hit targets
- Demonstrated success in a previous sales, events and business development role
- Confident prospecting for new business opportunities
- Confident packaging ideas, creating proposals and presenting to brands
- Comfortable holding commercial conversations with prospective clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter attitude with a genuine passion for the business of music, media and entertainment
- You’ll be part of a tight-knit team in a bright and forward-thinking digital agency environment
One of the many benefits of being a small company is we move quick. Real quick.
We’re looking to hire for this role immediately, so please apply ASAP with…
- Your resume
- A brief cover letter
Also, let us know what kind of music you’re into. We never judge – we just want to know what we’re in for when you’re submitting songs for the office playlist.
*** Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. ***
No recruiters, please.