News Reader – Radio and Online Journalist
We are looking for a motivated articulate and dynamic Journalist for our Tasmanian network of 10 radio stations. This is an important role and is based at our state of the art Hobart Digital News Broadcast Centre. You will be part of a dynamic team that delivers outstanding news coverage on air and online 7 days a week.
• Proven broadcast journalism skills with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
• Extensive experience in writing, editing and voicing news bulletins in a radio station or television environment.
• Demonstrate superior time management and skills in setting priorities.
• Network strongly and leverage those contacts.
• A “lateral thinker” with a “can do” attitude.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Not phased by tight deadlines and have the ability to work under pressure to achieve success in a fast paced environment.
• A superior level of customer service.
• Understanding of the ACMA and Broadcasting codes of practice and standards for news delivery and programming.
Please outline your experience by addressing each of the key requirements above.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
If you would like to make a significant contribution to our news department please send a cover letter and cv.
Grant Broadcasters is committed to providing ongoing training and development for you.
Applications close as soon as the right person is found and should be forwarded to: