MML: Macquarie Sports Radio, Journalist – Sydney
Macquarie Media Limited (‘MML’) is Australia’s most influential radio network. Our network commands the highest commercial listenership with the ‘mature affluent’ demographic – an audience that is highly engaged and has big buying power. Our broadcast footprint covers Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth and our content is heard in over 150 markets
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a radio journalist who specialises in sport and has a huge passion for it. Based in Sydney, this role will see you presenting sports updates as part of programs, as well as writing sports updates for our newsroom, organising/conducting interviews and breaking sport news.
What we are looking for
● Have an excellent knowledge of all things sport, which is not limited to just one or two sports
● Have a journalism qualification and/or extensive experience in radio or other media
● Know a good story when you hear it
● Have the ability to write for both on-air and online
● Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Thrive under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
● Have previous media experience
● Have a solid understanding of media law
How to Apply
If you would like to be part of MML’s highly committed, energetic and talented team please apply via Seek attaching your resume and a cover letter that describes your suitability and interest in the role.
Applications close: 11 May 2018