2SER is currently seeking expressions of interest for a Managing Director to lead the strategic planning and setting of objectives to meet the 2SER vision of providing a stimulating forum for learning and the expression of alternative ideas, informed by and promoting principles of social justice.
2SER is a not-for-profit, independent, educational community radio station which broadcasts to the greater Sydney area on 107.3 FM, 2SER Digital and via 2ser.com. For almost 40 years, 2SER has provided Sydney with specialist music, news, opinion and current affairs programs that offer a unique insight into alternative culture and ideas that are largely ignored by the mainstream.
As the Managing Director, you will be responsible for:
• Leading a team of dedicated broadcasting professionals and volunteers in the pursuit of creating educational and independent content tailored for the community
• Strategic planning and the setting of objectives to meet 2SER’s mission and the development and implementation of policies and procedures in line with these objectives
• Ensuring the effective strategic financial management of 2SER
• Maintaining programming output that meets the information and other needs of the 2SER audience, ensuring that 2SER continues in its position as a leading community radio broadcaster
• Working closely with the University of Technology Sydney, Macquarie University and the wider community to identify opportunities for students to become involved with 2SER as part of their studies
• Maintaining 2SERs commitment to ethical broadcasting and business practices as its top priority
As the ideal candidate, you will be:
• An experienced broadcasting and digital media professional with experience leading an organisation in either field
• Capable of the strategic management of organisational resources including financial, technological, information, communication and human resources
• Passionate about community broadcasting and its objectives and be committed to ethical practice, equity and diversity and the application of Equal Opportunity and Occupational Health and Safety principles and practices
• An effective communicator and be able to negotiate, problem solve and resolve conflict
• Capable of critically analysing complex issues and exercising sound judgement
This is a full time, continuing position located at 2ser’s Sydney studios on the campuses of two dynamic universities – UTS (Broadway, Sydney) and Macquarie University (North Ryde, Sydney).
A competitive and attractive remuneration package is on offer based on experience.
For any enquires and a confidential discussion about the role please contact the UTS Recruitment Team on (02) 9514 7416 or firstname.lastname@example.org and your query will be directed to the most appropriate contact.
To apply please forward your CV and a brief cover letter responding to the selection criteria mentioned above to Angelika Nadler (Executive Officer to the Deputy Vice Chancellor Innovation and Enterprise) via email@example.com
Please note, there is no closing date for this advertisement and we will be actively reviewing applications as they are received.
2SER reserves the right to remove the job advertisement at short notice.