GB: Broadcast Project Engineers (Radio) x2 – VIC and, NSW or TAS
Grant Broadcasters has two positions available for Broadcast Project Engineers to join our Engineering team for a period of at least 18 months. One based in Victoria and one in NSW or Tasmania.
The roles include Project planning and implementation, Studio and Transmitter Site builds as well as planning, design, installation, maintenance, repair and support of all types of Studio and Transmitter site broadcast systems infrastructure. The nature of work requires very regular travel to work for Grant Broadcasters Group companies at various locations. It will include being on 24 hour call for phone support and to attend site as required. Workmanship will be of the highest possible technical standards with a focus on neatness and attention to detail.
Job tasks and responsibilities:-
- Project planning and implementation
- Studio broadcast equipment integration, installation, maintenance, repair and support
- AM and FM Transmitter site installation, rebuild, repair and support
- Broadcast IT installation, maintenance, repair and support
- Compile technical drawings and documentation
- Liaising with and representing the company to contractors and suppliers
- 24 hour On Call for phone support, fault diagnosis, and attending site if required
- Maintaining an efficient day to day workflow with a proactive approach
The successful applicant will require:-
- At least 3-4 years practical experience in a Radio Broadcast Engineering environment
- A knowledge of the operational characteristics and maintenance requirements of a range of studio and broadcast transmission equipment.
- The ability to quickly analyze and perform fault diagnosis.
- Familiarity with high-powered AM and FM Broadcast transmitters.
- Practical experience and proficiency in electronic component level repair, RF transmission, audio and radio broadcast IT systems.
- Skills in organizing resources, establishing priorities and working with minimal supervision.
- To be a self-motivated, enthusiastic and energetic person ready to engage a challenging and responsible position.
- Good communications and people skills with a primary focus on attention to detail.
- Consistently deliver a high quality of work, maintain a neat and tidy work environment and ensuring safe work practices are implemented
Grant Broadcasters is 100% family owned and one of Australia’s fastest growing media companies with a friendly, challenging and dynamic working environment.
An attractive package will be offered to the successful applicant based on experience and ability.
For more information contact John Sandles, Group Engineering Manager, Grant Broadcasters – email@example.com
Applications close: 18 May 2017