Communications & Publicity Manager
Bluesfest is an award-winning live music festival approaching its 30th year in 2019 and is held annually in the idyllic surrounds of Byron Bay, NSW.
Bluesfest engages international and local Artists to perform at the Festival, as well as on tour in Australia and New Zealand. Annually, 80 – 110 artists are engaged to appear at Bluesfest, and 25 – 30 artists tour Australia and New Zealand.
We are seeking a Communications & Publicity Manager to join the team in Byron Bay. You will be responsible for the co-ordination and management of festival announcements, regular electronic communications, touring publicity, and managing digital marketing.
Tasks for this full-time role include but are not limited to:
• Managing and coordinating festival announcements, including liaising with media, ticket agencies, internal staff and artist management.
• Managing and writing artist announcements, press releases and artist bios, and managing the approval process internally, as well as with artist management.
• Managing and co-ordinating writing, building and sending regular electronic news blasts to promote the festival and touring.
• Planning and implementation of social media strategy and campaigns.
• Working with external PR team to ensure maximum publicity opportunities for the festival and artists.
• Managing pitches, and other supporting documents for corporate partnership opportunities.
• Overseeing brand and communications, including website and social media.
The successful candidate will need to:
.• Have a Degree in Music, Media and Communications or similar
• Multi-task and work to tight deadlines
• Be highly organised/strong attention to detail
• Have a ‘no job is too big or too small’ attitude
• Have strong interpersonal skills
• Proficient writing and editing skills
• Have at least 3 years’ proven PR and Marketing experience
• Have strong media relations
• Willing to be available outside regular working hours
• Ability to work in a team as well as autonomously
Salary range $70,000 – $90,000.
Applications close 25 November 2018.
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.