Broadcast Technology Engineer
2GB and Macquarie Sport Radio Sydney
About Macquarie Media
Macquarie Media Limited (‘MML’) is Australia’s most influential radio network. Our network commands the highest commercial listenership with the ‘mature affluent’ demographic – an audience that is highly engaged and has big buying power. Our broadcast footprint covers Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth and our content is heard in over 150 markets nationally.
About the role
Based in Sydney, we are seeking a Broadcast Technology Engineer to join 2GB and Macquarie Sports Radio. In this role you will be reporting to the Head of Technology and supporting Sydney’s number one radio station.
As a Broadcast Technology Engineer you will have a very strong grounding in radio and you will also possess excellent IT skills. You will be across the latest media and digital technologies, and will be keen to inject new thought and ideas into anything you’re a part of. Being under the spotlight, managing significant projects and tasks will be second nature.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone with the energy and enthusiasm to embrace our audience and promptly attend to the needs of our most valuable assets, our listeners, clients and staff. The successful candidate will bring to this position the following attributes and experience:
● a strong passion for Broadcast, computing, and Audio/Visual technologies;
● highly motivated attitude, with pride and high quality workmanship, working well within a team or individually with the desire to super serve at all times;
● well developed problem solving, organisational and communication skills (written and verbal), particularly in high pressure time critical situations;
● advanced knowledge of Radio Broadcast On-Air and Audio Production studios and Transmission facilities with a minimum of 3 years experience in Radio or Television;
● television and video production skills are not essential, but would be advantageous;
● advanced knowledge of automated media playout and ingest systems, newsroom production systems, and audio mixing and routing systems;
● strong demonstrable knowledge of physical and virtual servers and ICT network infrastructure, within a Windows/Hyper V environment and a Cisco based platform;
● advanced technical documentation and writing skills;
● willingness to work a flexible roster, including on call arrangements;
● knowledge of one or more current project management / development principles such as Agile, PMBOK and other related methodologies are desirable
How to apply
If you would like to be part of this highly committed, energetic and talented team please apply submitting your resume and a cover letter addressing your interest and suitability for the role to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 27th August 2018
Please note that MML reserves the right to fill this position prior to the closing date.