A day in the life of Kyle and Jackie O executive producer Bruno Bouchet
Bruno Bouchet, the man behind Sydney’s hugely successful Kyle and Jackie O, came in at #1 on Radio Today‘s Top 10 executive producers in metro FM radio right now.
Widely considered one of the best ‘true’ EPs still left, Bruno’s KIIS 106.5 Breakfast team show no signs of slowing despite over a decade as a duo, finishing Survey #3 as Sydney’s #1 FM Breakfast show by some margin.
So what does it take to become one of the best executive producers in radio, and how does he fit it all in?
Here’s what a day in the life of Bruno Bouchet looks like:
- 1:45am – Wake up + breakfast (black coffee and vegetable smoothie)
- 2:00am – Rounds of domestic and international news sites, blogs and newspapers
- 3:00am – Continuation of domestic and international news sites, blogs and newspapers
- 4:00am – Previewing all audio elements that’ll be played out on the day’s show (by this point, my wife’s driving us in so I’m working on the laptop in the passenger seat) + 2nd draft of the day’s show
- 5:00am – Production meeting with producers (+finalise show log/planner)
- 5:50am – Show briefing with Kyle and Jackie
- 6:00am – 10:00am – Live show
- 10:00am – Post show debrief and preview of next day’s show with Kyle and Jackie
- 11:00am – Meeting with producers and promotions
- 12:00pm – Writing up first draft of next day’s show
- 1:00pm – Drive back home
- 2:00 – 5:00pm – Family time (go for a walk with 14-month-old daughter Juliette around Camden)
- 6:00pm – Dinner and watch news, TV shows
- 7:00pm – Bathe the baby and put her to bed
- 8:00pm – Fall asleep watching TV
Catch up on the full list of Radio Today’s Top 10 EPs in metro FM radio right now here.