2017 Quills finalists announced
The Melbourne Press Club has announced the finalists for the 2017 Quill Awards, which recognise excellence in Victorian journalism.
There are 29 categories covering all aspects of journalism including Podcasting, Radio Current Affairs and Radio News.
There were three shortlisted entries for Radio Current Affairs:
- Bridget Judd, ABC Local Radio, Behind Bars
- Patricia Karvelas, ABC RN Drive, Government rejects Constitutional Indigenous voice to Parliament
- Neil Mitchell, 3AW, Speed camera virus
Four entries were shortlisted in the Radio News category:
- 3AW Afternoon Program, 3AW, Bourke Street Tragedy
- Stephanie Anderson, ABC Radio, Heyfield Mill under threat
- Jon Faine, Daniel Ziffer & Harriet Lonnborn, ABC Radio Melbourne, Essendon plane crash
- Lauren Hilbert, 3AW, MPs take taxpayers for a ride.
ABC Local Radio’s Bridget Judd is also a finalist for The Young Journalist Of The Year.
The winners will be announced at the Quills dinner at Melbourne’s Crown Palladium on Friday 16 March.